12.26.2008

Carter...

Carter is into EVERYTHING! Now that he's mobile (crawling and pulling up), he has the run of the house. And nothing is safe from his busy little hands. He's not picky about what he puts in his mouth (paper, dirt, socks -- he LOVES socks --buttons, rocks, power cords -- those are his favorite --bugs, leaves, etc., etc.), so we have to be EXTRA careful about what we leave within his reach. Which, by the way, is the longest reach of any baby I've ever seen.

He started crawling and pulling up at the same time, not giving me time to properly Carter-proof the house. He can even climb the step from our new sewing/playroom into the living room. I can already tell such a big difference in him and Hannah...which worries me to a great extent. Hannah is so much like me it's scary. But Carter is so much like Jason it's terrifying!

He's also adding to his vocabulary. I was SURE that Ma-Ma would come first. I was wrong. Da-da won that one. So I was certain that ma-ma would be next. Nope. But I shouldn't be surprised because that boy loves his big sister...han-nah-nah is so proud that her brother yells for her non-stop. I think he accidentally called out for me the other night as a last resort for somebody (anybody) to come get him out of bed. At least it sounded like ma-ma-ma. And there have been a few times that he said ba-ba, which is also no big shock because that boy loves his groceries the most. And I'm pretty sure that he says his own version of "hey there" which also comes as no surprise because I probably say that to him at least 100 times a day. He also says "bye". Not the baby version (bye-bye)...just Bye. So cute!

I guess my worries that he wouldn't talk (because he would have a certain somebody to talk for him) were unfounded. He's definitely interested in making his presence known. He has the absolute loudest voice I've ever heard on a boy that small. In fact, at daycare he has to sleep upstairs in the farthest room of the house away from the other kids because he's so loud at nap time that he wakes everybody up. I guess that loud voice will come in handy at some point. With his above-average size, I guess it would be strange if he had a soft little voice.

No comments: