I've always heard the first two lines of this poem, but I'd never read the rest of it. This literally brought me to tears because it so eloquently speaks to the love I have for my children.
How Do I Love You?
How do I love you?
Let me count the ways;
I love you on your very best
And very worst of days.
I love to see you laughing
And dancing in the rain,
And even if you make a mess
I love you just the same.
I love to hear you sing,
I love to see you smile,
I love the way you take each day
In your own unhurried style.
I'm happy when you're happy
I'm sorry when you're sad
And even though it may not show
I love you when you're bad.
I love to watch you sleeping
Tucked away in dreams
I love to hear you whisper
All your future hopes and dreams.
I love to watch you play
And all your silly ways
I'm sure you'll never know
How much I love you more each day.
How do I love you?I
t's impossible to say;
For if I had a million days
And time enough for all the praise
I couldn't tell you all the ways
I love you.
6.16.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment