To Jason:
- You can always make me laugh. Regardless of the situation.
- Only you know how to make me feel like the most beautiful woman on earth. Even though I swat you away and tell you not to grab me in public, I secretly like the way you can't keep your hands off me. [But I'm still gonna pretend like I don't.]
- I love the way your lips curl when you fib...and how you try to hide it by grinning a big cheesy grin.
- I love your matter-of-fact, no BS way of dealing with people. That way folks always know where they stand with you. I wish I could be more like that.
- You keep me young. Your horsing around and playing makes me feel like a kid again -- even when I'm trying to be serious. When you tackle me and throw me over your shoulder, I feel weightless and giddy just like when we were teenagers.
- I love watching you play with our children.
- You're good at everything! You're athletic. You're smart. You can beat those stupid video games. Man, you're amazing!
- You can put me at ease and I know I can lean on your strength to get me through anything.
- I love your intense, take-no-prisoners approach to sports. You take it so seriously, and I like to see you so involved in something you enjoy.
- You're the only person in the world that knows how to "brush my feet."
To Hannah:
- I love how you stare intently at me when I'm telling you something new. How you hang onto my every word and believe everything I say.
- You make me laugh -- even when you don't try.
- I love your great big imagination.
- You see everything as BEAUTIFUL. You remind me to stop and take note of the small things I often overlook...a teeny flower hidden beside the doorstep, a caterpillar, a star or cloud.
- Your laugh is the most beautiful music in the world.
- I love the way you hug me and kiss me -- especially at bed time.
- I love the way you squnch up your nose when you smile.
- You bring out the best in me.
- I love watching you play. Whether it's computer games, or "pets" or babies -- you are so intense when you're in your own little world.
- I love the way you're starting to do more things on your own. Brushing your teeth, getting in the tub or bed by yourself, dressing yourself -- it's exciting and sad at once.
To Carter:
- I love how you wave -- like Granddaddy waving from the porch. Arm straight up, fingers spread out.
- I love to hear you babbling and pretending that we understand what you say. (Like Roll Tide, although I still say you're just saying "rah rah.")
- Your hugs make my heart melt.
- Your sweet little smile when you're doing something you shouldn't makes it SO HARD to get onto you!! (But you already knew that!)
- I love the way you love your night-night.
- I love your on-command smile. Everybody else does, too.
- I love how strong and brave you've been since your accident -- even when you have every right to scream and try to run away.
- I love how you've made our lives "interesting." There's never a dull moment when Carter is around!
- I love how you hold my finger and lead me around.
- I love how you cross your little feet when you sleep in your carseat.
God smiled on me the day you each came into my life, and I can't imagine my life without the three of you. Even though I don't always do a good job of showing it, I love you three more than life itself...always remember that.

2 comments:
Where are the tissues???
And I love this post! Happy 10-year anniversary, Christi! Sounds like it just gets better and better.
Post a Comment