Here's the short version: Hannah has finished K4. Carter is potty trained.
Here's the long version:
Hannah
- Hannah has officially graduated from K4 (sniff sniff), complete with a "ticket" to kindergarten given to her by Mrs. Scott. The program was the cutest ever, with the kids reciting nursery rhymes and singing songs they'd learned in class. Roll the video...
- Hannah did such a great job until she kicked off her shoe in a dancing frenzy. It embarassed her to the point that she just stood there for the rest of the show. My heart broke for her. It was probably the first time that I became a bystander to her pain. A tough lesson for the both of us.
- Although she graciously accepted her ticket to kindergarten, she's still adamant that she's not, in fact, going to K5 next year. She says she's staying in Mrs. Scott's class. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.
- I became a blabbering, sobbing pile of mush during the slide show Mrs. Scott put together. Not so much because of the photos of these sweet babies throughout the year, but more because of the "Let them be little" song. Ugh! Songs always get the best of me! Later in the day, Hannah asked Jason why Mommy was crying at her program, so he explained that I was happy and sad because she was growing up. With hands on hips, she said (matter-of-factly), "I can't help it! I had the hiccups ALL DAY yesterday!"
Carter
- Potty training is a breeze! Especially when Mrs. Bev and Mimi tackle the task while Momma is out of town! That's right...Jason and I took a trip to D.C., and while we were gone, these wonderful ladies potty trained my little man. He still has an accident here and there, but don't we all? It took him a while to decide that standing up to do his business was a good thing...and now that the idea has taken hold, he makes no qualms about dropping his britches and taking care of business. No. Matter. Where. He. Is. Last Saturday, we were at a birthday party when he decided he had to go. So Jason took him over to the edge of the patio and pointed him away from the group. Hiney shining, Carter started to, well, you know. When the hostess came out and said, "Who wants cake?" Carter turned around mid-stream and said, "MEEEEE!", spraying a wide arc in the process. It looked just like a little sprinkler.
- Probably the funniest potty training incident (and he'll kill me for telling this one day) was when he got up from a nap and I immediately plopped him down on the potty. You know how little boys sometimes look a little different when they first wake up? I guess that was the first time he'd ever noticed that particular phenomenon, because he looked down and then back up at me and said (with eyes wide as saucers) "BIG Mama!" Oh my! Even though I couldn't breathe for laughing so hard, I tried to tell Jason about it. Jason said, "How big was it, boy?" And Carter said, holding his little hands as far apart as he could, "This big!" Yep. He's his daddy's son.
- Pop called Carter "Cotton Top" the other Sunday morning over breakfast. Carter sulled up and said, "Name Carter." Now that's the big joke...get him to say it sometime.

1 comment:
HILARIOUS.
Post a Comment