4.07.2009

Nasty ole bug!


My poor babies have both been attacked by a nasty little virus. First Hannah, who woke up around 1:00 a.m. yesterday, throwing up in her bed. She and I stayed home yesterday, and luckily she didn't get sick any more. In fact, she must've felt fine because she romped and played and seemed to have the best day ever.

This morning I found little Carter in his bed cooing and talking (as usual) and literally COVERED in yucky stuff. Apparently, he'd thrown up in his bed and pooped in his diaper (which ran OUT of his diaper) sometime during the night. It was everywhere. And I feel like the worst Mommy ever. I can't believe he didn't cry for me. I swear, if DHR had been here and seen him like that, they would've taken him away.

Thank goodness Mimi was here with me when I found him, and she and I put his little hiney straight in the tub to get it all off him (his hair, his back, his feet...I think there might have even been some on his face), and he came out squeaky clean. Bev told me I might need to put diaper rash cream on him to keep him from blistering...so I put it all over.

That's probably the awful-est clean-up job I've ever done.

But now he seems fine. Just keep your fingers crossed that it's over for everybody now.

So meanwhile, I'm at home playing hooky for the second day in a row. I should be getting the house clean and working on getting everything ready for Hannah's party Saturday instead of watching Spirit with Hannah and blabbering on this blog.

So here I go...

No comments: