5.07.2009

Surprises, surprises!




So yesterday I'm at Mama and Daddy's house with the kids. Hannah has bronchitis, so she was napping in my old bed while Carter was running around and exploring (as usual).


Since Mama had an eye on Carter, I excused myself to the powder room. Of course I didn't look in the potty before I sat down -- why would I?


But when I got ready to flush, to my surprise I looked down and saw a calculator submerged in the potty. My first reaction was "ewww." My second thought was "Carter."


I knew I had to fish it out, but boy I didn't want to. I looked all around for something to help. The toilet brush was MIA and there was nothing even resembling a tool for retrieving calculators from the toilet. I admit I did eyeball the toothbrushes for a split second before coming to myself. (Sorry Mama and Daddy -- I'm ashamed for even thinking it. I woulda told you, of course)


So I (ever-so-gently) used my fingertip to pull it up out of the water and then pincer-fingered it out of there. I knew if I put it in the garbage, Hannah would go in there and come out with it, thinking it was there by mistake. So I wrapped it in toilet paper until you couldn't tell what it was any more.


So now Carter owes Mama a new calculator and we've all made another mental note to keep the bathroom door closed. And if you come to my house, please be sure to "look before you "leak."

1 comment:

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

I always look first...ever since watching Ratatoullie (not sure that's spelled correctly). In the special features, they said that rats can swim up into toilets. Could you IMAGINE?!