9.03.2009

Still needing prayers...

We've had a rough couple weeks, and I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for us!

Hannah had an episode with her ears last week. She ran fever for a couple of days but didn't complain about anything hurting. We took her to the doctor, and when we got to the exam room I noticed her right ear bleeding, so we knew without a doubt that she had an ear infection. Again. (She had bad ear infections the whole month of July, despite the tubes.) Even Dr. Baldwin asked her if her ear hurt, and she just said, "No, ma'am." Bless her heart!

Then later that afternoon Daddy called to tell me she was crying with her "hip" hurting and a 104.7 fever. Needless to say, Daddy brought her back to Andalusia pretty quick. Turns out it was still the ear infection, and she was a sick little girl. She got a shot and went home to sleep her fever off. She laid on the couch and literally sweat like a man with beads running down her cheeks and soaking her pillow. When she woke up she felt much better, and she hasn't slowed down since!

Carter went back to daycare Tuesday for the first time since the accident, and they called at 3 to tell me he was running a fever, too. So I made him an appointment for the next day, thinking it was an ear infection, too. But when I got there and saw how pale he was, I decided to take him on that afternoon -- and I'm so glad I did! He threw up in the waiting room and then went limp. He didn't even cry when they pricked his finger. Flu test was negative and his ears were good, but his blood work showed a white blood count over 24,000. So we went straight to the hospital. He's been here ever since, but he's much better today.

Dr. Baldwin seems to think he has a bacterial blood infection, but we don't know where he picked it up. She's pretty confident it wasn't from his hand (my first concern), but she said he was septic on Tuesday, which terrifies me. What if I'd waited to bring him on Tuesday?! She's trying to contact his doctors in Birmingham, and we'll probably make a trip up there this week for them to check him out. That would make me feel much better, at least.

If Dr. Baldwin is happy with his blood work, we could possibly go home this afternoon with oral antibiotics to combat this terrible infection. He's 100% better -- running around like normal, but he really scared us there for a while.

So keep us in your prayers for a while longer...I'm always looking up and hoping for the best, and I am ever so thankful for all the blessings God has bestowed upon my family.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh, Christi...you have my prayers!!!