1.17.2010

He’s a big boy now.

It’s official – Carter is now a big boy with a “big boy” haircut! Hannah and I took him to the barber shop yesterday to get his first haircut. He looked so “growny” sitting up in that barber’s chair…

DSCN1754

He was a little unsure of the snippers at first, but his big sister did such a good job of distracting him with a water bottle and her big sister chatter.

 

DSCN1757

When he got really antsy, I gave him my cell phone and he pretended to call Pop. After a few minutes, my phone rang – and it was Pop. Turns out Carter had really called him!

I was so proud of both of my babies – they behaved like little angels in the barber shop (wonder if my threats had anything to do with it?).

--0--

In other news – today is my birthday, and Hannah has had a ball with it. She’s sang her little song over and over…

Guess what I heard from a little birdie – Mama is turning 30…

Of course, she had a little help from her daddy on that one.

She picked out the prettiest necklace for me – it has two gold hearts that say “mother” and “daughter.” Jason said she picked it out all by herself and said, “Mama needs this one. It has a heart for me and one for her.”

I also got a Tom Tom – I just LOVE gadgets!!

The kids helped Mama decorate my cake, and it turned out SO cute. Then they piled 30 candles on there. I thought we were going to need the fire department to get them all put out, but the kiddos helped me get the job done.

So now I’m no longer in my 20’s. A little bittersweet for me, but I’m looking forward to many more special moments and memories yet to come.

No comments: