10.03.2008

All my life I wanna be a Tiger...


I'm sure that at some point in my high school days I made fun of those "old" folks in the stands yelling their heads off. Tonight I realized I've become one of those "old" folks. I think the lightbulb came on for me when they announced the upcoming "old-timers" game, and my friends and I actually discussed participating. We even went so far as to think about what we would wear (sweatsuits) and how in the world we could cover up all this extra weight we've accumulated over the years since our days as cheerleaders.

Old timers? Us? ME?

Now don't get me wrong, I still remember every cheer, chant, move and dance step I learned as a cheerleader. I just don't know if my body will allow me to do those moves now. At least not without much complaint and a few days' of soreness afterward. Frankly, I don't know if it's even worth it for a few minutes of reliving the "glory" days.

Now Miss Hannah had the best time EVER tonight at the ballgame. She stood beside her daddy and cheered along, danced with the band and just had a ball. I've never put Hannah in beauty pageants, but I can't WAIT until we...er SHE...can be a cheerleader! Talk about living through your child!

All in all, the game was awesome. McKenzie continued their winning streak with a 25-21 win over Geneva County.

YAY TIGERS!! (Now if my other Tigers can just pull it off tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I feel your pain--we're old...or, well, getting that way in a hurry it seems! hehe! I don't think I could cheer my way out of a paper bag anymore! I'd pass out before I got through the first one I'm afraid!