10.16.2008

da-da-da-da


Woke up Sunday morning to the sound of little Carter testing out his newfound ability to make syllables. At first it sounded like blah-blah-blah, but when I clawed my sleep-deprived subconscious back to reality, I realized he was really saying "da-da-da".

What?!

You mean to tell me that MA-MA has been the one to change all those poopy diapers; MA-MA gets up with him in the middle of the night; MA-MA bathes him, feeds him, clothes him and makes sure he has his favorite toys, and he says DA-DA first?!

Da-da enjoys all the fringe benefits...sweet kisses, smiles, playing in the floor...and of course the joy of hearing his name spoken aloud first. And Jason is a WONDERFUL daddy to both of our little peas, but let's face it...mama is the one who is down in the trenches on a daily basis (and enjoys every minute of it).

I'm convinced that he REALLY means ma-ma...he just said the wrong thing.

So all day Sunday he practices his "skillz" until he's pretty much got it down pat. Then he started boo-hoo-ing every time Jason left his sight. It was so sweet. That boy loves his daddy!

Now I think he even said "ba-ba" today when he saw a bottle sitting on the table. Not that it surprises me that he would ask for food before his mommy...it's obvious how much Carter loves his groceries!

In fact, at his 6 month checkup last Friday, he weighed 21 lb. 7 oz...about the weight of an 18-month-old. Dr. Baldwin said that he's in the 99th percentile for his weight and length. Atta boy!

He's a little Auburn offensive lineman in the making...Lord knows they could use some right about now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have him a Red and White jersey for tomorrow...(and, no I don't mean Andalusia or Pleasant Home)...ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to get me some snuggles!!!!! We won't be able to get anything done for me getting me some "Carter Lovins"!!! hehehehehe!